getting sober

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
Scientist did one of their wonderful experiments recently. Apparently the best way to get sober is not to get drunk in the first place. What clever chaps they must be.

Yesterday I got a little tipsy. Wine and then Baileys mixed with Drambuie. I was just on my way to getting merry, then I feel asleep. Two or three hours alter (I'm not sure when I fell asleep) I woke up and felt fine. Like no alcohol had passed my lips. So I'm wondering, what are you guys like with alcohol?

There is actually a gene that 'deals' with alcohol. It switches on when you get drunk but because you stop drinking it soon has nothing to work with and having it try to deal with alcohol that isn't there is the main cause of hangovers.
The old wive's thingy of 'hair of the dog' has a degree of truth in it.
I have two ways of dealing with hangovers. I either don't drink at all (like now) or I don't stop drinking - like when I'm being an alcoholic. Both work for me.

When i get tipsy, i say alot more than i normal would. Not in the bad way, but i just talk to people (strangers) that stand beside me at the bar or something. Usually im a pretty silent guy, when it comes to people that i dont or barely know.
And i can fall a sleep at the most unusual places, but most of the time i fall asleep in the couch downstairs. But i also fell asleep on the kitchenfloor while waiting for my food. And one time i fell a sleep in a really crowded disco, my friend held me by my hair, so i wouldnt fall.
Normally i dont have hangovers though. But last time i drank some weird beer called Jupiler (at was all that they had) and it gave me a huge headache the day after. That kinda sucked. But im gonna go out tonight and see if i still can handle normal beer without getting hungover :)

me and alcohol ... it's a simple answer. I can drink as long as I don't mix things... I can drink up to 6 beers, or 5 shots of vodka... and everything is fine with me... as long as I have a place to sit :) With me it is like that, that alcohol somehow flows to my legs and I can easily fall :) but with my "mind" everything is clear :) tll I have a sit... coz when I get up ... things become weird... everyone laughs because my steps are... not straight ... and the whole fun starts then:) that's why I rarely drink more than 3 beers :) and no hangover on the next day... :)

I will let you know how on Wednesday, how things went after my Bachelor Night tommorrow. All we are doing is going to every bar in town (no costumes, strippers or crazy challenges) so that means an excellent hangover science experiment is in the works.

Most reactions

Back