TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
I think color makes it look like a picture from the 60s
21650964.jpg

-phil

I am not making a criticism here, just an observation about polarizers:

You can see the polarizing effect is least on the left side of the photo, and increases to the right. If looking through the center of the photo is 12:00, then the sun was at 10:30 or 4:30 (roughly). The polarizing effect is stronger when the lens axis is perpendicular to the path of the sun.

Thanks for the comment... I never used a polarizer filter before, and don’t know how…. :roll:

plove53 said:
Thanks for the comment... I never used a polarizer filter before, and don’t know how…. :roll:

Imagine the arc the sun creates travelling across the sky. A polarizing filter has the greatest effect when your lens axis is perpendicular (90 angle) to that arc. As you swing the lens axis so that it is at less than a 90 degree angle to the arc, the polarizing effect lessens until there is pretty much no effect if the lens axis is parallel to the sun's arc.

Also you must rotate the outside ring of the polarizing filter to get maximum effect (or less if you desire). As you are turning the ring you can see the sky darkening and lightening or glare vanishing and returning and you can stop when you have the result you want. Some pol filters have a mark that indicates max effect if the mark is rotated so it is pointing at the sun.

You definitely got some nice color saturation, but I'd agree the ring wasn't rotated for maximum effect, or we'd be able to see those fluffy, pretty clouds way out there MUCH more clearly against a vivid blue sky. Don't worry too much; it's still a nice shot - keep trying!! :D

Most reactions

Back