Girl and her violin

I didn't suggest cropping it away but was aonly demonstrating how she looked. I posted that explanation directly above in #14

I think the OP popping back in an explaining his framing dilemma and decison-making rationale helped us understand this shot better. I didn't mean to imply that the re-work The_Traveler did was a bad one...the original decison the OP made was based on him making the best of a less-than-ideal shooting situation.

I think the thing to take away from my comments above was that, no matter what the rationale behind re-working or re-cropping a shot, sometimes there really is little or no improvement possible via a simple re-crop. It's one of the things we see a lot on TPF, where a less-than-ideally framed portrait is re-worked (cropped, typically) by a TPF memmber, but the TPF helper really cannot overcome the original shooting issues; I have sees a lot of beginning shooters here who seem to be of the mind that many shots can be cropped and 'fixed', when in some situations, there's no fixing some shots. This one, with the missing feet...I dunno...pretty hard to get past that for me, and cropping out the fencing on the right hand side of the frame didn't really help the final shot, IMO.

BUT--toning down that white flagpole--a huge,huge, huuuuuuuge improvement to the image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back