Girls basketball (1.1 megs total)

Nagala

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just some shots of a local team's losing efforts during a basketball tournament. Still extremely dark. I was at 1600 iso, f/2, and was able to hit about 1/350 with a little tweaking. Never could get the white right though.

IMG_4024%20copy.jpg

IMG_3964%20copy.jpg

IMG_4004%20copy.jpg

IMG_4018%20copy.jpg

IMG_4029%20copy.jpg

IMG_4046%20copy.jpg

IMG_4097%20copy.jpg

IMG_4113%20copy.jpg

IMG_4116%20copy.jpg

IMG_4119%20copy.jpg

Ah, forget "the right white": very cool action shots, they could all go to the basketball magazine there is, they're all worth it. Wonderful action photos - I'm quite, quite impressed!

Nice work! You should come work for the company I work for. Our sports shots never look this good. What camera/lens?

Just a 10D and a 100mm f/2. What company do you work for, Digital Matt? (PM is fine.)

Nagala, I work for Ripcho Studio, a school photography studio in Cleveland Ohio. The sports stuff is middle school to high school sports.

I work in post, processing photos, doing color correction and retouching, and also making yearbooks. Canon is the key here I think. Great high ISO noise performance. The sports photographers at work use Fuji S2 pros, and imho, they suck. Not to mention these guys can't focus properly. Out of 60 shots maybe 5 of them will be sharp, and not as sharp as yours here. The rest are focused in front or behind the subject. It's pretty sad, to be honest.

So once again, good work :)

Nice work Nagala. How many shots did you take? I shoot baseball just for fun and usually take a 1GB of shot in a 9-inning game

Great action shots Nagala!

Which software did you use to clean up the noise@1600?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back