Glacier in the Forest

Sarmad

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A glacier en route upper Neelum Valley, AJK, Pakistan. The glacier was much bigger than it looks like here, there were indigenous people working on the slopes of the glacier which are now lost due to the much wider landscape.

Glacier in the Forest by Sarmad Iqbal, on Flickr

I never thought about your country having glaciers ! Thanks for the education. Nice photo

No, it has a lot of glaciers and snow. This one is extremely small compared to some others that exist, such glaciers can be encountered while just usually travelling on some specific roads. There are some magnificent and extremely large ones up in the north. Search'em up on the internet :)

Beautiful for sure!

That is really cool! :)

Gorgeous pic Sarmad, love it! I'd probably try to crop a little from the bottom of the image, to make the upper part of the image more pronounced. But it's also beautiful as it is, again, love it! :1247:

I never thought about your country having glaciers ! Thanks for the education. Nice photo
Oh no, Pakistan is a beautiful country, in fact it has some of the toughest and the most beautiful glacier treks in the world. Just google for baltoro glacier or Nanga Parvat and you'll realize just how beautiful that place is. I'd visit it tomorrow if I could! :blueface: :frown-new:

Gorgeous pic Sarmad, love it! I'd probably try to crop a little from the bottom of the image, to make the upper part of the image more pronounced. But it's also beautiful as it is, again, love it! :1247:

Oh no, Pakistan is a beautiful country, in fact it has some of the toughest and the most beautiful glacier treks in the world. Just google for baltoro glacier or Nanga Parvat and you'll realize just how beautiful that place is. I'd visit it tomorrow if I could! :blueface: :frown-new:

Dude you can visit Pakistan, it is probably one of the cheapest countries to visit so money is not really an excuse. Only part I think might be problematic visiting (for you) is the Kashmir region near the borders, as you know it is a disputed territory so I don't think people with Indian Nationality would be free to visit those areas, or they might be. I don't know for sure, you might need an NOC. Other than that small part and some places which are tribal areas, Pakistan is no problem for a tourist. And don't make being Indian as an excuse, surely both the countries are politically very upfront, but normal Pakistani people are especially known for their hospitality. It's a cultural aspect in some parts of India as well.

Confession bear: I have always wanted to visit some specific parts of India as well, but I am a little young so I'm waiting to get older :p

Dude you can visit Pakistan, it is probably one of the cheapest countries to visit so money is not really an excuse. Only part I think might be problematic visiting (for you) is the Kashmir region near the borders, as you know it is a disputed territory so I don't think people with Indian Nationality would be free to visit those areas, or they might be. I don't know for sure, you might need an NOC. Other than that small part and some places which are tribal areas, Pakistan is no problem for a tourist. And don't make being Indian as an excuse, surely both the countries are politically very upfront, but normal Pakistani people are especially known for their hospitality. It's a cultural aspect in some parts of India as well.
Thanks Sarmad, when you put it like that it does sound safe. Other than the political instability, our friends/relatives usually go berserk if they hear that we are visiting the neighbours (true for both the countries). :lol:
I think I'll add a few places in Pakistan in my bucket list as well! ;)

Confession bear: I have always wanted to visit some specific parts of India as well, but I am a little young so I'm waiting to get older :p
If you ever do visit, drop me a message, I'd be happy to show you around! :)

Thanks Sarmad, when you put it like that it does sound safe. Other than the political instability, our friends/relatives usually go berserk if they hear that we are visiting the neighbours (true for both the countries). :lol:
I think I'll add a few places in Pakistan in my bucket list as well! ;)

If you ever do visit, drop me a message, I'd be happy to show you around! :)

thanks mate. But I have a long way to go before I'll be able to make any foreign trips and that is also not a definite thing.

Most reactions

Back