TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
post deleted ....

Last edited:
It's pretty much just plain, dumb luck.

Right Place, Right Time.

Long before the internet and this picture went viral in virtually every newspaper in the country.
1457413.jpg

1) A multi-million £/$ stealth advertising campaign networking multiple top blogs/newsagencies/websites/TV shows.

2) Blind dumb luck and randomness.

Essentially some viral things ARE planned and designed to go viral from the outset. Sure they are often still low-quality production effects (it helps to garner a home-made feel and thus authenticity). Indeed some big viral things are fully controlled releases which we are otherwise unaware of. However they require planning and investment behind them and still rely on chance to a certain degree.
Others are totally random; someone shares something fun or funny or whatever and it gets shared and shared and shared and shared and then some youtuber blogs about it and it gets a million views jumpstarting it etc...

A photo doesn't have to be good to go viral.
And some of the stuff that does go viral reflects poorly on society.

Personally I think that some of the stuff that goes viral is actually a reflection of how poor society has become.

you have to have your camera and be in the right place at the right time..............
IMG_3008.JPG

Anything can go viral. It's a clich catch phrase. It will hopefully die off sooner than later.
I hope this message doesn't go viral, that would be ironic...like rain on your wedding day

The photo of JFK Jr wasn't viral because of the quality of the picture. It was "viral" because it was John John, and it was taken when pictures of him were harder to come by and harder to distribute than they are today. If that picture were posted this week, it would be lost in an ocean of cell phone snaps of him taken by anyone who happens to walk past him on the street.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back