Good buy for a beginner?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by unitx, Aug 9, 2007.

1. unitx

unitx TPF Noob!

I know that a lot of seasoned photographers will think the 70-300mm Nikon lens is junk, but since I am a beginner this should be fine for a while.

I bought a brand new Nikon D80 package with a ton of accessories from a trusted ebay powerseller(tripod, cases, 4gb card, usb reader, cleaning kit, 28-80mm, 70-300mm, wide angle, and lots more)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110155932474&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=001

This a great deal, am I right?

total after shipping was $1,087.99

2. photogincollege

photogincollege TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Looks like a pretty good kit if all goes well. The only thing i might question the quality of is the flash and tripod. Cause that seems like an obvious thing to use a lesser item to get the price down. But even if they are both junk even all the other items are a great deal. For a beginner that flash should be fine though. If the tripod is wobbly though you might want to consider investing in a better one, a wobbly tripod never helped anyone! :)

3. ANDS!

ANDS! No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Haha - I love how the blur out the product name on the memory card with "4G Memory Card" - youll get a Transcend no doubt, but if it works it works.

Not a bad deal; I'd probably sell most of the "kit" items, and get me a new lens - but they are good lenses to start on definitely.