Good Composition?

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Stuie789, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Stuie789

Stuie789 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey there. I posted a photo that a few people critiqued. And they said that I need to learn about Composition and the Rule of Thirds. I have a few photos that I took that I think have good composition. Let me know what you think. All feedback welcome. Thanks. -Rob

[​IMG]

AND....

[​IMG]

2. New Hampshire

New Hampshire TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Your first photo's composition is not too bad. Next time bring the camera up a bit more bringing the ground down. In this photo its still a tad to high, putting it closer to the center of the photo rather than the bottom third.

On the second, again not too bad. But your horizon is crooked. The main subjet is too big to put it into thirds horizontally, but you did good getting it into the vertical third.

Brian

3. WNK

WNK TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Not bad!
    The top one isn't really in thirds, but the slighly off-centered composition makes it easier to look at. I agree with Brian, bringing the camera up a little bit might help so that you get the ground in the foreground at about 1/3.
    The second is nice as well; I'd probably bring the camera down a bit, and with shots like this it is very important to have the horizon straight. You're doing a nice job; keep up the hard work!