Good deal or not???

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by kelox, Apr 2, 2005.

1. kelox

kelox TPF Noob!

Coming to you live from Planet MAXXUM, home of the
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I saw a two lens set on Adorama for $239.00 with the following description; "Sigma Digital Twin Zoom Kit with 18mm - 50mm f/3.5-5.6 Super-Wide Angle & 55mm - 200mm f/4.0-5.6 Telephoto AF Zoom Lenses for Minolta Maxxum Digital SLR Cameras." I want to get these lenses and use them while stationed overseas, but wanted a few opinions on them-if anyone has used them OR think they would be a couple of good starter lenses. Thanks all.

2. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm a film guy, but I think 18mm to 200mm would be a good all purpose range of focal length for digital.

Sigma makes very decent lenses, although like I've said before, all manufacturers put out a few dogs and lemons.

Adorama usually has some of the cheaper prices around. You might check B & H and Freestyle, but I think you'll find they're about the same price. Adorama is a big company, with many happy customers; I'm not one of them. I'll cut off my own foot before I buy from those sons of b!#%&*s again! Horrible customer service, and they charge a lot for shipping. Sometimes Freestyle (see the link at the top of the page) charges a little more for the gear, but their shipping is so much cheaper that it can be less expensive overall; order something 3-day from Adorama and 5-day from Freestyle, and the Freestyle order will arrive first. And their customer service is great.