Good EOS SLR's

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,

I got an EOS300 for my birthday last month, and I love it. I must say, after just shooting 40mm pluss-minus 3mm for years, being able to switch lenses was liberating! Anyway, I was wondering if you have experience with other EOS cameras that will take EF lenses and are AF-compatible.

The EOS30/Elan 7 variants seem well-built and very functional - and inexpensive! They reminded me of the "analog 40D". Then there's the EOS3, and the EOS1 variants. The EOS3 looked awkward, not having the mode-dial, but instead a button. It might be a bothersome way to change mode. The EOS1's cost quite a bit more than the EOS30 cameras, but they "come with" a battery grip, and may have better AF motors. Comfortable button layout and camera workflow are important to me.

For landscapes, and casual use with friends, maybe in low-light situations, which would be the best? Are there other options?

I appreciate any input!
Anders

edit: I see the EOS 1V manages to expose 10 frames per second... holy cow!

Last edited:
EOS 300 and EOS 1V that are two different beasts; the cheapest and the most expensive. 1V might be still available new. On both you can use L lenses, of course there is a question how much is the lens mount of EOS 300 deteriorated to be worth it to get L lenses for it.

Canon, on their website, has information on the EOS Film Cameras. In English: Canon U.S.A. Support Drivers Consumer Home Office. Clicking on the model number opens the support page for that camera. Some of the models do not have downloadable files, but many do. You can get some ideas about the film cameras.

There are third party sources for camera manuals. One I use often is Free camera instruction manuals camera instructions free film camera user guide camera manual camera instruction manuals Canon camera manual Nikon camera manual Ricoh camera manuals Sears Camera Manuals camera instruction manual replacement cam.
There are also reviews, a little research will find them.

The Elan series has a full set of features for reasonable price, at least on EBAY here in the USA. I picked up an Elan II at a yard sale over the weekend. Hopefully I can run some film through it tomorrow.

Most of the EOS film cameras use a 6 volt 2CR5 battery. The 2CR5 sells for 10-15 USD, when I can find them. I plan to order rechargeable batteries, or find a battery pack so I can use AA batteries.

Good luck on your search,
Phil

I bought a EOS A2E new back in 96......been a wonderful camera all these years.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back