Good HDR candidate? Other ideas?

Maybe remove some of the chromatic aberration in software, and maybe do a bit of shadow lightening on the tree trunk, but otherwise, wow, a NICE photo. Good subject matter, FIRST shot of its kind that I have ever seen, which makes this rare. SPLENDID time of day, with the shadow of the trunk and branches on the silo's interior wall a really wonderful addition. As for other ways....hmmm...I suppose going all the way dow to the ground, where the tree emerges is one possibility; another might be with the camera higher off the ground. But overall, the shot you have is very neat. Great subject, great light, mostly very good camera handling. But such an outstanding subject that it could easily,easily lend itself to a 4-seasons type series.

Thanks very much for your suggestions. What is a good software for removing chromatic aberration? Can LR or PS handle it? The last shot I posted has got it bad.

Lightroom and Photoshop handle CA correction very well! In LR, "develop module" scroll all the way down to "Profile Lens Correction" Check once and TaDa!

I like both shots-I shot a silo pic on a friend's farm for yrs. by luck I was there the day before it was to be torn down.
Have you tried shooting the tree from all 4 seasons in silo jail? Are all types of wx?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back