Good quick breakfasts

oriecat

work in progress
Reaction score
Website
www.moltenwords.net
I have this problem being late for work... so I usually don't eat breakfast at home and I often buy a muffin or scone or something from the coffee shop, which I am sure is full of fat n crap... so I need some more ideas for good quick stuff I can pack and take with me to eat when I get here... like today I was able to throw together a waffle sandwich, two eggos with pb&j... I need to get another supply of Clif bars, those always work... what do you do? I need ideas. 8)

2 cups of coffee and nothing else til lunch. you get hunger pangs, but if you fight through them for a couple days, you get used to the feeling. then eat a light lunch, and a big dinner.
this is probably unhealthy as hell, but i've maintained my weight since college at +/- 3 lbs of 185 when i get my annual physical.

Plain bagels (or any kind really)....little to no fat in them and even if you are carb-conscious, at this time of day it's okay. I also like ready-to-go diced fresh fruit: strawberries, honeydew, blueberries and the like. But they have to be fresh to be good.

I also love PLAIN yogurt, not low-fat, fat free, or fruit-on-the-bottom crap, just good plain yogurt, with granola or fresh fruit stirred in. It's so good it's like eating dessert. :D

Toby, I am guilty of skipping too, if I forget to bring something or just am too busy to stop and eat it, but it really IS a terrible habit to be in. If there is one meal that could be skipped, it's dinner. Eat all day whie you're more active; skip the big dinner.

"Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper". It'll keep you thin too, babe. :p

I'm going to go on a limb here and say 'take your time with breakfast'. After all, you don't drive a car on empty, it'll stop on you...

I feel breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it should be supplying one with the needed energy for the day. Coffee is a must! Make that very strong coffee... :D

Lunch is also important, work still goes on and we all need more energy to keep us going. Keep the coffee going though...

Dinner should be light to very light. We're done working for the day, at least some of us... It's ok to stop the coffee now. :D

Alas, this regimen works for me.

Big dinners only make you feel like crap in the morning because you're still digesting it when you go to bed.

terri said:
Toby, I am guilty of skipping too, if I forget to bring something or just am too busy to stop and eat it, but it really IS a terrible habit to be in. If there is one meal that could be skipped, it's dinner. Eat all day whie you're more active; skip the big dinner.

"Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper". It'll keep you thin too, babe. :p

i just can't get used to the feeling of a full belly while i'm on the fly. once i'm full, i just want to drift off to sleep...

Get up earlier? o_O.... ;)

My bf would just toast some bread, when it's done, slap cheese in the middle and put it in the microwave for a few seconds to help warm up/melt the cheese.

I don't like it...but he does.

For me I find that instant oatmeal is good. If course don't let the wate boil or else it'll take too long to cool off.

Eggos are good.

I think yogourt is healthy for breakfast. That would rock for breakfast. i could eat a whole tub in minutes.

Sunday night I make a huge batch of these. Take out and add what you want. I dont like coconut so that was out pretty quick. I make a batch to last a week or two.

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup melted margarine
2/3 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups quick oats
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup coconut
1/3 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup carob chips
other nuts/dried fruits

Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients and stir well. Stir in remaining ingredients. You can add in whatever you want, so long as the mixture is sticking together in several large clumps. Press the mixture into the baking pan using your fingers. Bake at 350° for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely and cut into bars.

Holy crap!!! I have no idea what the hell that is you just described, but..... will you make some for me....? :wink: It sounds fab.

Now I'm hungry, too. :?

Yum! Damn I will have to try that. I've never had homemade granola bars...

Thanks for the ideas all!

Get up earlier... hehehehehehehe Photong is funny. :D

Toby, I've tried just drinking the coffee and lots of it, and it just doesn't work for me during the week. I'm usually starving by 11, and since my lunch isn't until 1, I then end up getting whatever junk I can from the machine. Not good... it's weird tho, but on the weekends, I drink a ton of coffee and I don't get hungry until 1 or 2 in the arvo. But during the week it doesn't work. Must be due to when I get up or something... that hour or two just seems to make a big diff...

Tobes, you must have a really great metabolism, because thats the worst way to eat lol

It should be the complete opposite. Food is energy, you need to burn off energy through the day. So the more food you have earlier in the day, the better.

The only time I ever really lost a great deal of weight was when I was working night shifts and would many nights a week skip dinner.

I'm horrible about eating breakfast. I used to always eat a muffin or scone. But like you said, not good for you! I like to eat Luna bars, the instant oatmeal packets that come in multiple flavors or yogurt and fruit. That's about it for me and breakfast. Not my favorite meal.

Your late for work, so you skip breakfast to save time, but you go to the coffee shop to buy it? Doesnt that take longer to get to the coffee shop and order it and get to work than it would take you to make it at home? Hehe.

Im not a breakfast person either, I would just grab a banana or something on my way to work. Instead of goign to the coffee shop and buying the muffin or something, what about baking or buying some from the grocery store the day before, perhaps after work on the way home, that way youll save the time from going to the place in the morning? :0)

Most reactions

Back