Good way to store polarizer filter?

libeco

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.libeco.nl
Yesterday I bought a polarizer filter, now I've read different opinions on whether to leave it on the camaera with the lens cap on it when not using the camera.

What are your opinion on this, should I leave the polarizer filter on the camera with the lens cap over it when not using the camera? What are alternatives to store the filter as the filter came in a simple plastic box that will not give that much protection as itis full of dust already while it has been closed for the night...

Well, I don't really know how to best store it, all I can say is that I simply LOST mine last year on 25 January in the middle of a total wilderness where there was NO CHANCE to find it again WHEN I let it sit on the lens and it had losened all by itself somehow.

And mind: I had only put it on for a reason, as to bring out some more colour in the sky and diminish some reflections on the water ... and it was screwed on tightly at first, but somehow ...

Ooooh, I must not talk about my lost polarizer - it only makes me :cry: again ... more so since I did NOT get a new one neither for Christmas nor for my birthday, :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hmm, LaFoto, first time i hear of that tragic loss :(

well, if it had been a 82mm filter I could have helped, I sold mine well under value on ebay recently ... now I only have my 77mm polariser as most of my lenses have that diameter.

but I guess your diameter was somewhat smaller ...

I keep my filters in the plastic box they came in or a filter wallet if I need to carry more than a couple of filters. Dust is everywhere. I just assume I'll need to clean a filter everytime I get it out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back