Got an Apple device?

Pretty much a non-issue unless someone is actually foolish enough to store passwords on their device.

Hmm.. does this include fingerprints and Apple Pay credit cards? I've been resistant to adding credit cards, but I do use the fingerprint recognition. That would be terrifying.

Somebody let Derrel know that his precious Apple is "letting" hackers steal customer's personal information, including passwords. I would, but I'm pretty sure he's got me on ignore.

Pretty much a non-issue unless someone is actually foolish enough to store passwords on their device.
Lots, and lots, and lots of people opt for convenience over safe use of the devices they use to access the Internet.

Last edited:
Nothing like a bit of schadenfreude, is there?

If the news reported on every little security issue on Windows, there wouldn't be any time to report on anything else.

Fred Berg said:
Nothing like a bit of schadenfreude, is there?

Nope. Combine it with a copious quantity of hate and loathing for all things Apple, and it's enough to sustain a life.

Agree with unpopular and at least Apple don't need a patch bloat Tuesday on the second Tuesday of every month like windows does. Unix Based or Linux is still more secure much more and generally more stable then windows.
I don't even run all the bogging down with a Anti virus program. I just use the Mac Firewall no inbound connections that supplements the protection behind the Nat router.

Last edited:
Agree with unpopular and at least Apple don't need a patch bloat Tuesday on the second Tuesday of every month like windows does. Unix Based or Linux is still more secure much more and generally more stable then windows.
I don't even run all the bogging down with a Anti virus program. I just use the Mac Firewall no inbound connections that supplements the protection behind the Nat router.

There is no reason not to run a firewall, and I don't really feel like my virus protection is that resource heavy... but yeah, insecure isn't an adjective I'd use to describe MacOS.

Honestly one reason linux is more secure is simply because its not as widely used. If you're a hacker why bother with an OS that hardly registers as a blip and likely isn't used by many if any major companies - far easier to go after windows which is used the world over everywhere

Honestly one reason linux is more secure is simply because its not as widely used. If you're a hacker why bother with an OS that hardly registers as a blip and likely isn't used by many if any major companies - far easier to go after windows which is used the world over everywhere

While true, and is also the same for Apple - and as apple is perceived to become more widely popular, we are seeing more vulnerabilities being found - a side note, Adobe is really alone in the content creation world for not supporting Linux. Autodesk, Side Effects, The Foundary and ToonBoom's high-end package, Harmony, all run on Linux. The professional Linux community really is a quiet one, but increasingly more commercial packages are becoming available.

Really, it's Adobe alone, specifically After Effects that is preventing me from switching.

Linux gets attention mostly because the market is that competitive that a tiny edge is important these days. That said even in the computer game world Linux support is quite "exotic". That said most users of linux tend to have enough computer know-how to duel boot or run emulators to get non-linux software to work on their system.

About the biggest support linux kind of has is that Steam made their OS based upon it; but again its really niche market.

All I care about is, when I turn it on, does it run. Since switching to Mac 10-15yrs ago, I've never once 'defragged' a harddrive or any of the other crap I used to have to do to keep things running. There's no perfect hacker-free system, but the one that does better with less work gets my vote.

Most reactions

Back