Got my first Dslr today yay!!!

photonewbie86

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all thought I'd tell you guys that I got my canon rebel xsi today super stoked about that!!!

Just a question for you folks I got the 18-55mm kit lens with it. What other lenses would you guys recommend for me as I'm starting out. I was thinking a nifty fifty.... Just thought I'd get some input on this issue thanks guys you're awesome!!!!

Your best bet is to play with the kit that you have and see what type of gear you think you need. Meaning figure out how to use the camera and in a month or so ask yourself what you kind of photography you like and decide which lens would suit your needs best.

And congrats on the next step!!!

Wait and see what your current lens isn't doing for you. Then you will know what you *need*.

I just checked to see if Dell still had it on sale, they don't. I got mine for $89 shipped free from them and had it in my hand in 3 days.

EDIT: Damnit! Bitter's correct again!

Wait and see what your current lens isn't doing for you. Then you will know what you *need*.

When I first realised I needed to upgrade from the kit lens it was more a case 'what is the kit lens doing for me?' The answer was not much, and I needed several lenses to achieve what I wanted.

Buy the Better Photographer lens. It comes with skills to make your images "pro" so you can make the big bucks.

Can you elaborate on better photographer lens please white... Is that a nickname for said lens or do you mean a good quality lens? Thanks :D

Can you elaborate on better photographer lens please white... Is that a nickname for said lens or do you mean a good quality lens? Thanks :D

He's just messing with you, ignore him.

Does your 18-55 kit lens have image stabilization? If not it's one of the older (and somewhat crappy) kit lenses. If it does have IS, it's a pretty decent lens.

Like Bitter said, play with it until you find yourself in need of something different or better.

Thanks reznap and it is IS now would that mean all the lenses I use should be IS? I know that's expensive and trust me moneyi donthave alot of lol

Thanks reznap and it is IS now would that mean all the lenses I use should be IS? I know that's expensive and trust me moneyi donthave alot of lol

No, it helps with longer focal lengths, 200mm and over, when using slow shutter speeds. It may come in handy at wide angles though, depends on how dark your scene is and how steady your grip is.

The IS version of the 18-55 lens has better optical quality (from what I've read - I haven't used both) than the older version. The old one was pretty bad from what I understand. The IS is more of an added bonus..

I don't think you should spend any more money until you get super-acquainted with your new toys.

Congrats on the camera, good luck!

Bahhh, a 50mm lens is an awesome addition to any kit, no matter your skill level. Unless you lack the ability to focus on learning if there is too much stimuli present (IE too many lenses).

Most reactions

Back