GPS Question

Hermes1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am curious to know from those who have used or familiar with the GPS accessory to cameras, when it includes the locations in the metadata, if the info reads as a place or just coordinates? For example if one were in Grand Teton NP at Jenny Lake, would the metadata indicate Jenny Lake? The GPS I am referring to are brand specific, ie Canon, Nikon etc. Thanks.

As far as I know, these are all basic positional GPS units, not mapping GPS units. There are lots of software applications, including Lightroom which can overlay that data onto a map however.

Lightroom can also fill up IPTC Location data fields according to the coordinates, when you have an Internet connection. I think it's called "Address Lookup."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am curious to know from those who have used or familiar with the GPS accessory to cameras, when it includes the locations in the metadata, if the info reads as a place or just coordinates? For example if one were in Grand Teton NP at Jenny Lake, would the metadata indicate Jenny Lake? The GPS I am referring to are brand specific, ie Canon, Nikon etc. Thanks.
Jenny Lake is awesome, btw- as are the Tetons!
6-27-15%20teton%20peak_zps5ludchsw.jpg

Most reactions

Back