grab the light!!!

spako

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
spako.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
some things you might never be able to catch and hold on to ...

http://www.spako.lu

39554.jpg

Aha! You posted it bigger over here. Looks much better. The composition and the lighting give a great feel to the shot, whilst the 40 gallon drum gives a sense of scale to the grab. For some reason, the grab seems in an odd place being indoors - leaves me wondering why it's there and who left it.

Man, talk about hitting a home run. Really excellent composition and awesome light. I have to wonder if this is an HDR shot? If it is, you've chosen the perfect scene to use HDR with. Very nice work!

Well, all you newcomers to the forums: this is a SPAKO photo! She is this good. Consistently so. I am one of her biggest fans, although she's made herself a bit scarce on here of late - why so, Spako? Why did you deprive us of your wonderful gritty urban - gritty industrial photography? And have you left the half-desaturated state behind you? On to the newer fields of HDR in abandoned places?

Aha! You posted it bigger over here. Looks much better. The composition and the lighting give a great feel to the shot, whilst the 40 gallon drum gives a sense of scale to the grab. For some reason, the grab seems in an odd place being indoors - leaves me wondering why it's there and who left it.

I was just wondering the same thing. What was this claw used for, what kind of factory/warehouse was this?
This shot is completely fantastic! I love it! The colors, the feel, texture, the almost surrealistic nature of the photo. You did a fantastic job! WOW!:drool:

Thank you all...

I took this shot in a former steelwork ... I have no idea why this claw was sitting at this particular spot, but they used the large buildings here to do some filmshootings (I think luxembourg is really interesting to the american film industry) There were actually quite a lot of film props left from movies such as wing commander... might upload that one too ..

I did an HDR for this shot an postprocessed it in Photoshop later on ..

@LAFoto: I think I'm getting more and more selective with what I post these days.. only the one's I really like make it out to the web... :)

Wow great, very atmospheric photo. I love the light rays and the textures that are all over this picture. Reminds me of something you'd come across in Half Life 2...

Nice work Spako.. I don't know where to start lol.

more, more, more! :lol:

Wow. That looks incredible. Looks like a set from Terminator t.v. series. Nicely done.

Most reactions

Back