Green Screen and blonde hair...

Katsi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We have recently taken a load of pictures using a green screen background. Through colour range it was great to key out, plus the refine edge tool does a good job of masking hair. However three of the subjects were blonde and so a lot of the green got picked up in reflections I guess. anyone got any tips for eliminating the green colour on the hair? Also any tips for getting the lighting right in order to get the best key for the hair... Hair light?

Best way I know:

If you've got it masked okay, but still have green tints on the hair, select those green hues by color range and change the hue and saturation of them to best match the hair color you want.

In Photoshop, do this directly in the Hue/Saturation adjustment dialog. Zoom way in so you can clearly see some of the pixels that are green tinted. Then click on the back and forth slider hand in the dialog box and it will give you a sample eyedropper, which you use on one of those green pixels. As soon as you do that, you'll see the range of hues it's decided to affect at the bottom of the dialog box. You can change that range then by using the sliders on that range thing at the bottom.

Crank your saturation and lightness way up, and you'll easily be able to tell exactly what hues you're affecting, as you move those bottom sliders back and forth. When you're affecting just the greens that are giving you a problem, then zoom back out so you can see all the hair that's giving you problems, and go into the upper section of the hue/sat dialog box and zero out the saturation and lightness again to get back to zero, then start adjusting the hue to change the greens to the color you want. Spice to taste with the saturation and lightness sliders.

Hey Buckster,

Thanks so much... what a great technique! Thanks so much! I will be implementing this on the next green screen project! Lovely stuff!!!!!

Hey Buckster,

Thanks so much... what a great technique! Thanks so much! I will be implementing this on the next green screen project! Lovely stuff!!!!!
You're most welcome. Always glad to help if I can. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back