Greetings and Salutations!

Copacetic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
To start, a bit of an introduction; my name is Josh, I'm 19, have been interested in photography for about a year now, and have a Nikon D40 with 18-55mm kit lens and 55-200mm VR on the way. Should be here Monday, and I absolutely cannot wait. I've been using the Canon Powershot A560 I received as a gift last year up until recently, as I saved up to purchase the D40. I've been reading a lot about photography in the past few months, learning as much as I could. I have sold a few pictures on Dreamstime, but not enough to make any real money. Of course, I've only got seven uploaded, so no surprise there. :D

I hope to pursue photography as a money-making venture, along with various other ventures. One of the areas I'm interested in is knife photography, as I also design, and will in the near future be making, knives. I have a small makeshift studio of sorts set up on my enclosed back porch (fully enclosed, not screened) consisting of a kitchen table, a diffuser made from PVC pipe and plastic sheeting (okay, it's trash bags), and three clamp-on worklights with 6500K bulbs. It is minimal and somewhat limited, yes, but it's also cheap, and it works.

Most of my better photos thus far are macro shots, but I also love rustic buildings, landscape, and animal photography. I'm more the type of guy to just use my eye, not go by the book. I have a penchant for over-saturated, colorful pictures with bright primary colors. I live in a small tourist town, and hope to get set up selling prints in one of the local storefronts. You may have heard of Callaway Gardens, in Pine Mountain, Georgia.

I look forward greatly to learning more here, benefiting from the accumulated knowledge. Experience has taught me that forums tend to be extremely good learning environments; I administrate two forums on the subject of lucid dreaming myself. Oh, and here are a few favorite shots of mine, to show you a little of my style and ability. Some have been edited in Photoshop quite heavily, some only sharpened. These were all taken with my Canon Powershot A560. Critique is welcome!

Just click on the thumbnails for a larger version:

(That last could benefit from better cropping, to place the butterfly more off-center, I know.)

Thanks, and I look forward to posting around the boards, and learning from all of you! :mrgreen:

Hello Josh, and welcome to TPF. Hope that having to wait 2 1/2 more days until the new cam arrives isn't too tough on you!

Welcome aboard.

Thanks for all the welcomes! I really think I'm going to like this place. ;)

Oh, and thanks, photograph-er. As you may can tell, I quite like Calvin and Hobbes. :D

Most reactions

Back