Greetings from a Video guy....

red96ta

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yep.....I'm a freelance videographer/VFX/3D guy that just added photography (at gunpoint) to my resume!

Now the terrible story......

I picked up a Canon XTi about six months ago with the intention of shooting the occasional kids photos and to use in the field if I need some high resolution shots during a video shoot for dvd covers, etc.

last month, my wife signs me up to do some wedding photography....now bear in mind that I've never done it, don't have the equipment and she only collected $500 for the job which she exclaimed was a good price for someone with limited experience....well after some heated debate over the issue, I jumped in the car and bought some $1300 in stuff to finish this $500 job.

Tonight was the big night and it sure is a relief not lugging several cameras, audio gear, tripods, a dozen tapes, four different battery packs, etc....not to mention the 40-60 hours I pour into each video in post-production. Having said that, my feet and back are KILLING ME tonight after the shoot. I've got some new respect for you photogs out there the trudge around with a 5D or 1DS....and I'm only using the XTi, 580EXII, stroboframe, and a grip.

Well at any rate, pleased to meet you all and jump into the 'dark side' for a while :thumbup:

Welcome aboard.

If you continue with wedding photography, I'm sure you will find that you will end up lugging around a similar about of equipment...for many of the same reasons. Backup etc. Not to mention the countless hours post processing the photos.

We would love to see some of your work.

Welcome aboard.

Hey, welcome.

Most reactions

Back