Greetings from Los Angeles!

MrDouglasQuaid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Everyone!

I very very recently stumbled into this. I'm a musician and wanted to hire someone to do film photography for an album cover idea I had. But then I figured that would be a big missed opportunity to learn myself. I settled on trying to find an older 35mm. But I wasn't expecting to go this old! With about 20 min remaining on an eBay auction, I came across this 1936 Contax iii. The price with everything included was too great to pass up so I went for it. I was familiar with the later iiA and iiiA but not this one. I am happy to report it seems to function perfectly with the exception of the light meter. So I picked up a Voigtlander meter. The slow and fast shutter speeds seem to work without issue and the lens has no issues. I'm still waiting for a couple of things to do my first test roll.

I already feel very attached to the camera! It feels a lot like finding a special guitar. This just feels like the right one. And I'm certainly going to be doing a whole lot more with it than album art.

I'm very excited to learn from all of you and your work! Nice meeting you all!
IMG_9591.jpg

Sorry I have no knowledge of older film cameras but......I wanted to say I LOVE that table and would like to see more of your dog in the background. Beautiful looking dog that it is.....Cheers and welcome.

Sorry I have no knowledge of older film cameras but......I wanted to say I LOVE that table and would like to see more of your dog in the background. Beautiful looking dog that it is.....Cheers and welcome.
Thank you! I actually made that table so that's nice to hear! And that's Mila, and she will most definitely be heavily featured on my first roll of film.
IMG_7839.jpg

That table yeah I'd like to see more of it and it's pretty heavy right?....The dog is beautiful and unique.

Woodworker also!

Nicely done.

Nice catch on the camera!

I'd love to see some photos of your other woodworking projects.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back