GRR

his4ever

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stonecafecreations.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This has prob been covered before... but I do not know how to search for it, anyways...
Ok I took this really cute picture of my friend. Sadly there was a window in the background and it is very over exposed. I used a flash to bring some lighting to the foreground... but that was not enough I guess. What can I do to fix it in gimp (or photoshop)
Thanks

cannot see any picture ...

you could try to play with levels/curves trying to rescue some of the highlights. would help if you had underexposed the foreground a bit then.

or convert it to b&w .. sometimes blown out windows look nicer then.

Sorry you guys... I didnt get permisson to post it online. Would if I could. But imagine a big window in the background and it dark inside. I used the flash to counter the darkness on the faces... but the window came out all white. It was a quick photo taken... I did not take any time to set it up, kinda in a rush. Which was a bummer.

Hard to say if I can't see it. Often, if something is completely white, there's nothing that can be done except for maybe this: Take a pic of the same window, not overexposed and replace the bad background with the new photo. If you can't take another photo and if it's only the window itself, that is overexposed, try this: take a photo of a backyard or something and place the pic behind the window so it looks like this is what you see when you look out of it. Make sure the perspective is correct. But as I said, I have no idea what the pic looks like, so it's hard to say.

Most reactions

Back