GTA?

May I suggest the Holiday Inn Express across from the airport in Mississauga. Quality rooms, and great service...always. Great hotel. Good rates, too.

Hi Guys,

I'll be at pearson airport later in the week. Anyone know of any good spots to park and take pictures of planes landing/taking off?.....besides the shoulder of the 401?

It would be great if there was somewhere directly under the plane as its just landing/taking off.

Thanks!

There used to be a spot on Airport road, near , I think it was a Harveys, or Tim Hortons. Around back , you could get shots of them flying over head. Across the road there was a place, but I heard they closed it off, for future expansion. I will ask around...k?

Thanks Chiller!

I'll be there tomorrow. If its as cold and windy as today, I think i'll stay in the car. :lol:

Thanks Chiller!

I'll be there tomorrow. If its as cold and windy as today, I think i'll stay in the car. :lol:
Today would not be a good day. I have heard they are having troubles with the 100km gusts of wind. :lol: But then again...maybe it would be a good day...ya never know..:lol:

There's another spot on Dixie Rd.. right at the end of the runway... you aren't "supposed" to stop there, but tons of people do. As long as you are off the road and not blocking traffic, usually no-one says anything. If you are there too long or obstructing anything, then worst case scenario, you'll be asked to move on.
It's on Dixie between Derry Rd and Courtney Park, just north of the Tim Hortons

Thanks Guys!

Looks like a nice bright sunny day. I'll try that spot on derry rd.

I just came back from doing a call at Britannia and Dixie...was that you being chased by the airport police. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hello everybody,

I am living toronto now, good to see lots people from toronto

cheers,

Great to see you Tim. I think this calls for a Toronto take over of TPF:thumbup::thumbup:

Hi Guys,

I'll be at Pearson airport later in the week. Anyone know of any good spots to park and take pictures of planes landing/taking off?.....besides the shoulder of the 401?

It would be great if there was somewhere directly under the plane as its just landing/taking off.

Thanks!

Might be a bit late for this reply but for the next time you are around.

It depends on the wind direction from where the vantage point is. Most of the time especially in the summer there is a west wind and the best spot is on Airport Rd, just on the north side of the airport but south of the International Centre. There is a Wendy's and Country Style coffee shop. Beside their parking lot, there is a small field with picnic tables for viewing the planes as they land.

Be prepared, I was there last April taking pictures of aircraft landing getting some really nice shots too when a patrol car pulled up. They took my ID and ran it through the system and advised me not to take pictures. I was quizzed on 9/11.

If the planes are landing coming from the west, there is a road just off Dixie on the opposite end (a few miles) side of the runway from the Wendy's and Country Style. You can park there and walk back to Dixie Rd and watch from there.

Google these locations on Google Maps to get directions.
RWY 23 (Wendy's & Country Style): Airport Rd and Orlando Dr
RWY 24: Carlingview Dr and Meteor Dr
RWY 5 (Dixie Rd West side of Airport): Dixie Rd and Director Gate

These are the common Runways used. RWY 6 (opposite RWY 24) is another popular one but there isn't access to any good spots. Keep in mind the Police may harass you, but you can simply remind them that you are not breaking any laws.

Cheers

Most reactions

Back