Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4222674765_b6341107bb.jpg

Bigger here.
:thumbup: or :thumbdown:?

I'm undecided... I mean, I like it - but I can't decide if it's too bright, or just right.

I had a 'more properly exposed' one, but it just wasn't very interesting.

I like how it goes from the center of the left side to the center of the bottom. The effect just wasn't the same with a stop or two less exposure...

I think for the high-key, plain white background, the brightness works well on this. It's almost like the center of the body isn't there until you really notice it, and the red edge leads you around the picture just like you described. If you didn't point out that it was a guitar, it might even take a while to realize what exactly it is for some people. Overall, I say :thumbup:, pretty neat.

Thanks Goontz.

Here's a slightly tweaked version:
4224361934_7055769afc.jpg

I 100% agree with Goontz and think that it's fantastic the way it is. I like the new one you just posted. I think it's a really cool image. I mean, I'm a little biased since I play guitar, but still... :D

I like this! An interesting abstract ^_^
The highkey works really well with this subject! Nicely captured :)

Thanks.

It's totally obvious to me, but then again - I see it every day.

I like it too, I take photos with my brothers guitar too so it's nice to see someone else's angle (pun intended.) I wouldn't mind seeing it with a black background for comparison.

Chris

Oh... that's a sexy pic, right there! Very nice! I agree that it's not "over-exposed". The exposure is dead on for this image. Makes me feel bad that my guitars are sitting collecting dust in the basement right now... mebbe I should go down and play them sometime soon...

Thanks everyone!

Love the shot, but couldn't find the difference between the new edit and the previous one.
It's actually only a very small change. There was a reflection on the top that was a little distracting.

wow!! amazing high key technique. how many flashlight did you use ?
None, actually. All window light, from behind. Exposed to overexpose the pick guard by 1 stop (I think... maybe a little more). The resulting exposure had anything lit directly by the window totally blown out (which is exactly what I wanted).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back