HA RA! New camera day!

bantor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
jrcreations.bravehost.com
Well, after shooting with my old and ever so trustly Canon AE-1 for a while, I decided that I wanted to step things up a notch, and visit the digital world. After very much research and reading many a thread, I bought a... Nikon D50. It was the classic battle between the Nikon D50, Nikon D70, and the Canon 350D. I decided to go for the Nikon simply because it was slightly cheaper and fit my hands so much better. I figured that the quality difference in the actual image produced between the Nikons' and the Canon was such a small one that it really didn't matter, especially if there is going to be editing invovled.

I took it out today for a few hours and just played around, and I think it will do quite nicely. I must admit, I like the images produced straight out of the Canon 350D a little better, but with a bit of editing, there is no reason why the I can't create wonderfull pictures with the Nikon D50.

I think I made the right choice for myself but only time will tell.

Whichever way you went (I have gone on the Canon EOS 350D path as of 22 December, which was my birthday), you will enjoy the instant gratification you can get out of digital photography. I still carry my dear EOS 500N (35mm) in my camera bag, too, but must admit that the seduction is great to only go for the instant gratification of digital photography. Digital photography is much more forgiving, so makes you experiment more easily, try out more, test things --- and when I come home and download my pics into the computer and realise I WOULD HAVE spent three rolls of 36 exposure film, I know why I enjoy digital, too!

So congratulations on your now addition to your photographic equipment. Let us see what you have seen through your lens, too, will you?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back