Hagerstown Church

MarylandMatt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thanks to all who stop by and take a look. Extra special thanks to those who critique.

hagerstownchurch.jpg

There is indeed a purplish din to it. I think in processing something occured.

I like it, nice angle.

I've been to Hagerstown once before, it was a really neat place. I went there to goto this place called the Will Ruritan (I think that's what it was called) heard of it?

I like it too, especially the texture on the wall. I think that a little more contrast could be added to the sky, though.

By contrast do you mean the sky darker than the clouds? Or do you all mean the sky above the church darker period.

BrettG-I think you are referring to the Wilson Ruritan. People have bands come in all the time. the funny thing is yr name is like a punk rock legend who would play the style of music featured there on some weekends...not Mr. Brett of Bad Religion are you haha.

beautiful shot. More contrast please! was also my first thought. (Well, 2nd. First was beautiful shot)

Nice shot yo! I love the 3d look it has! Besides the tint, I love this shot, I'm a sucker for architectural shot though! :D

Also the patterns in the sky and on the stone add a lot to this photo. If I have to crtique I would say that maybe the clouds could be burned in a bit more to make them stand out a little, but it may work the other way to and dodge them to get rid of the slight hot spot near the top.

Thanks for sharing!

Zach :D

MarylandMatt said:
By contrast do you mean the sky darker than the clouds? Or do you all mean the sky above the church darker period.

BrettG-I think you are referring to the Wilson Ruritan. People have bands come in all the time. the funny thing is yr name is like a punk rock legend who would play the style of music featured there on some weekends...not Mr. Brett of Bad Religion are you haha.

i was playing around with the shot on PS last night and got it to look pretty nice with some contrast editing and such... do you mind if i post it up later tonight just to see what people think to try and help you out?

Yeah I don't mind. Thanks. I've been playing PS as well. Please do so I'm here to learn and to use what I already know to help others. Thanks!

MarylandMatt said:

Haha no I wish I was, otherwise I'd probably be able to afford a better camera.

Bad Religion plays there? Is this the same Bad Religion I'm thinking of? I can't even think of any songs, but they were a pretty big band I thought, and I can't imagine a band with any decent sized fanbase playing at such a tiny place (It's still a great place though, I'm actually going back for a concert in January I think)

I like going to Washington County, it's got some nice scenery there, unfortunately I'm very unfamiliar with it so I don't know of anything but what I've seen on my way to the Wilson Ruritan :)

Added contrast to the sky, converted it into black and white becuase the sky with more contrast added had almost a pinkish hue to it.... i personally think it enhances the photo... anyone else?

ORIGINAL
hagerstownchurch.jpg

MY EDIT
hagerstownchurch.jpg

nice work maryland and nytmair, you've added the perfect touch! would a despeckling help the sky??? BTW nytmair, feel free to edit my images anytime! :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back