halo

jimaroo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was wondering if anybody knows how to make a halo type effect.

i saw some pics where a girl was in a garden, and her hair looked like it was glowing, but only part of the top. i also saw something like that on the cover of some operah magazine , nothing was over exposed in the picture, but her hair was sort of glowing.

any help
thanks

probably backlight. Was she outside and did she have the sun behind her? This usually catches the hair and makes it glow

yeah they were outside, i kind of figued that it was the sun but i don't know what to expose for to get that glow

i think you make sure the subject has their back to the sun and just expose for their face

You can do it in photoshop. First of all, use the dodge tool in "highlight" at about 20 percent, and go over the whole hair area. Then switch to burn "midtones", and use about 15 percent over the whole hair area. Then switch back to the dodge tool, at 20 percent in the "midtones", using a smaller brush, and start painting in your light. It really glosses up the hair, and gives some killer sunglow or lighting effects.

I've done something similar:

NeverAlone2.sized.jpg

NeverAlone1.sized.jpg

Exuberance.sized.jpg

AngelsWings2.sized.jpg

In the first three cases, I just got lucky with the sun backlighting her hair. In the last 2, I helped it along doing something similar to what elsaspet mentioned, so the 3rd one is a combo of real light and some extra work.

i like those photos,,, thanks for the tips guys im going to try it tomorrow, there is no sun out today.

cool!!! im trying this today - sun is out in all it's glory and i just bought my 50mm 1.8 lens yesterday - yippee today WILL be a great day!!!!! x

Most reactions

Back