halos

Emerana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering about halos. Alot of people photos have a halo around the subject. Is it an "on purpose" effect? Sloppy PP? By-product of some sort of pp? Or do I just need glasses? :confused: (which I do, but for far away not close up)

oh, I would link to what I am talking about but I dont want to pick on anyone.

A nasty tiny low quality halo as a result of double sharpening is shoddy PP work.
A huge halo between what is light and dark parts of the image normally is simply a nasty HDR and shoddy tastes on the part of the artist who should realise that nature doesn't look like that. <- In my opinion.

^what Garbz said. I don't like halos in most cases either and will remove them whether its due to sharpening, high pass or even in a HDR... alot of newbies dont know how this can be done well, hence why you see many around.

well, the ugly halos come from over-sharpening, sharpening with the wrong settings, or simply when you had to sharpen that much since the shot was technically very poor to start with.

Thanks all. I couldnt quite figure it out because it is on so many photos. I had wondered if it was from people dodging their main subject so they pop

Most reactions

New Topics

Back