Hamilton, Industrial

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
far away from Skyhunters, I saw some cool light, as my ability to see good light is improving with time, and studies here on TPF. Thanks to everyone for helping me learn to use my eyes!!!

DSC_1597edit0124websize.jpg

DSC_1583edit0123websize.jpg

and., thanks for looking!!

Pursuer/Jadin ... are the ones that immediately spring to mind when I see this kind of photography. And now you are falling in line with them, Raymond, producing some amazingly good heavy industry photography!

I like them both. The plumes of smoke or vapour (I would assume it is, much rather than smoke) in the first stand out so nicely. You definitely have developed "the eye", though I am sure you have always had it!

And I like the many little orange dots in the overall quite blue photo 2!

From my perspective, #1 is far better than #2, (don't get me wrong though, both are absoblutely amazing, but #1 had me literally saying "Whoah"!)

When I was much younger, I truthfully believed these were "cloud factories". Thanks for bringing back that memory.

Raymond J Barlow said:
its your stuff that has inspired me!
:blushing: There's lots better out there, but I'll take the compliment. Thanks.

I did a little work on #2, wanne see?

Damn, that is one of those things on my “To Shoot” List. I have always been fascinated with the Hamilton area industry and have often thought I should spend a day investigating the area. I usually just zoom by and look from the QEW.

Eric

Another two great shots. The first it my fave of the two. Excellent Ray.

There's not much difference. Shadow adjustments. Almost completely desaturated the blue and magenta, and then bumped the cyan a bit. Did a lot of burning and dodging in the sky and then a little on the ground. I just tried to give it a little darker, more dramatic feel, like you caught in the first one. It's a great shot :thumbup:

48374494-L.jpg

great shots, love the first!

woodsac - nice work, love the darker shadows, much more dramatic...

Great eye for the lighting conditions, Raymond. :thumbup: The fun thing about these 2 shots is the warm tones of the first, and the complete reversal to cold tones on the second. Wonderful job, nice capture! :D

Woodsac, you did a very nice editing job. :thumbup:

that first one is just beautiful, if you can say that about an industrial shot.

great job raymond.... how do you find time to be so creative with all the other responsiblities you have...? your so good....!!

Thanks everyone!

Chiller .. come join us on Saturday?

Woodsac ... unbelievable awesome job! thanks for the notes on what you did, your version looks much better!

April! time is crazy these days, my business is going nuts, so much to keep up with around here, I have a online racing club that I manage, and more on my plate then I can handle sometimes.. soon Maria will be my best helper!!

Terri... it is a neat contrast in shots, and also, the same area in industrial Hamilton, shot from the north in the first, and the south in the second! the first was shot around 2 pm, and the second around 430 pm, the same day.

again Woodsac... awesome!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back