Hammocks Park

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by Zeabed, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Zeabed

Zeabed TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This backlit tree shot at Kendall Indian Hammocks Park in Miami was one of several test shots to put a new Sigma 10-20 lens through its initial paces with a Canon 40D. I think that the shortcomings in dynamic range and sharpness could be due to the lens. I really don't know. :scratch:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  2. carlos91

carlos91 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i live 10 min from the great shot i would have thought as hammocks as a decent photospot

3. Zeabed

Zeabed TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It is a good photo spot. I live 10 mins away from it too and go there to test out new lenses for contrast, resolution, etc. Check out my flicker Kendall Indian Hammocks Park collection:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/irminsul/sets/72157622761220918/

The problem is in part the lens - also, I'm not too sure about the shutter speed for this specific shot. Upon closer inspection I found that it has center defocus problem, which I've just learned is a not uncommon QC problem with this type of Sigma lens. I should have waited and saved a little more to the get the Canon version of this wide angle.

4. Sbuxo

Sbuxo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I know exactly where that issss.
    shxt looks regal, but the sky's so gray. D:

5. Zeabed

Zeabed TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's a nature preserve for a variety of native Floridian trees. Some of them are a real exposure and luminescence challenge, as the whitish oily bark is very reflective of sunlight. And yes, I had trouble with the exposure of the sky in that photo, even with the circ polarizer. That's actually the brightest I could manage from a series of shots while still keeping the tree in near-silhouetted darkness, but not in complete penumbra, and also keeping the foreground shadows deep and dark. Also, this was early in the a.m., as I didn't want that harsh Miami sunlight to add garishness.