Hard drive problems, may have lost all RAW files :(

How will that stop a hard drive made by Seagate or Maxtor from reaching the end of it's life?
LOL:mrgreen:

actually i do like mac os's are based on unix, i also use a lot of linux, but more as a server , i have suse 10.2 and ubuntu 7.04 but i always (when at boot) choose windows haha i try not to , but sometimes is hard.

i think a raid can be also a good choice , but spend a little bit more money and use raid 5 ;)

Hello gordon77 if you are looking for RAW file recovery from Windows system then you can try Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Software a file and partition recovery utility which recovers data from formatted hard drive or data lost due to software malfunction, viruses, file/directory deletion or even sabotage.
Stellar Phoenix provides RAW file recovery which recognizes & recovers more than 300 file types including documents, spreadsheets, web content & images.
Download the demo version: http://www.stellarinfo.com/partition-recovery.htm

People have to realize that hard drives are not good permanent storage mediums, they have a realive very short life span. Yes, I use external and internal storage for my files too, but when ever I get up to about 8-10 gig, it goes on to DVD. It takes me about 10 minutes per week.

Average hard drive life is about 2-3 years. Average life of a DVD is 150 years if stored properly (in a case or container), not left on your desk where your dog can chew and play with it like a frisbee).

If my HD dies, I replace it and smile because I lost no pics at all.

As for the current situation, often when one is not sure what to do, it is best to leave someone with experience deal with it. By playing, you risk permanently losing all the pics.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back