hardware help?

Well that was the point. I think before you start with light you might want to get a better grip on exposure. Are you thinking studio lights or or portable flash?

Well that was the point. I think before you start with light you might want to get a better grip on exposure. Are you thinking studio lights or or portable flash?

more along the lines of portable flash and i think it's picking interesting subject matter and composition i need work on casue i understand exposure sometimes i just miss it to much and so then i get mad and just leave with what i think is good when really it is bad : ( just shows my inpatience i geuss

more along the lines of portable flash and i think it's picking interesting subject matter and composition i need work on casue i understand exposure sometimes i just miss it to much and so then i get mad and just leave with what i think is good when really it is bad : ( just shows my inpatience i geuss

:p if you understand exposure than you wouldnt be missing shots and getting impatient! at least you got most of your attitude fixed.

i dont think flash or off camera lighting would've helped any of those photos at all. from my basic understanding of using an off camera flash outdoors, it's only useful when you want to get rid of shadows caused by the sun, over power the ambient light for a dramatic effect, or light up a certain part of photo that's naturally under exposed.

from what i understand you can't light up a whole scene (like in photo 1) with off camera lighting. you can't light up the scene unless you had a huge light. like... huge... huge light.

the second photo wouldn't be saved with any type of lighting either... 'cause well... there's no subject to light.

so tell me, what exactly do you want to do with those softboxes and backdrops again?

i really suggest understanding exposure first (something many of us, including me, need to do)... creating better compositions... and then understanding the use of different types of eqiupment... before buying anything.

What part of LEARN THE BASICS OF COMPOSITION AND EXPOSURE BEFORE YOU BUY MORE GEAR do you not understand?

An unlimited budget and all the best gear in the world isn't going to fix your photography.

And a little attention to grammar, spelling and punctuation would go a long way. Your posts read like a slow 2nd grader. If you want to be taken seriously then give us a reason to take you seriously.

Most reactions

Back