Has anyone tried......

dEARlEADER

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taking a panoramic picture in your moving car with the lens resting on the window frame??

My first attempt didn't work out very well.... in fact ps elements crashed my vista machine trying to stitch them together...

I don't get it, why didn't you stopped the car?
It's a pretty hard thing to make a panoramic image without having a stable position, like a tripod. I don't know why your ps elements crashed but maybe the pictures didn't relate one to another so elements kept trying to make it and, crashed as all programs do :))

Thats a great idea actually. with a relatively slow moving car and a fast shutter speed (so theres no bluurrr). have to give it a try sometime!

Why would you expect this to work? My crappy ascii explanation will hopefully help, unless I'm not understanding what you are trying to do...

X = picture
.... = space between pictures.

From a moving car, your "panorama" would look like this:

X...........X...........X............X..........X

When you stitch them together, it will NOT look continuous. Imagine a person without a Torso, or a forearm connected directly to a shoulder.

Well... i kinda was expecting to shoot 3 frames per second and have some overlap between the frames....

but i think i was driving to fast on my first attempt.....

the goal is to have a panaramic picture without the distortion of a fixed camera position....

the camera is seated on the frame of the door... and my lens has a extreme vr function that i was trying to test....

I also tried a set with slower shutter speed for intentional blur in a wooded area.... to create an artistic effect... this is the set i tried to have p.s. stitch together that made it crash.....

Hahahaa can you imagine what your neighbors are thinking..Seeing a car drive slowly down the street, with someone taking a ton of pictures out the window!

do you have the pictures? Can I mess with them? I think it's possible but you will run into a new set of problems.

the goal is to have a panaramic picture without the distortion of a fixed camera position....

if you actually take it in protrait view (verticle) then you wouldn't have distortion. You might need take more shots but you won't have the distortion from the landscape view.

I think you have such a cool idea....i think i'm going to try it too. But i think you probably have to stitich it manually

do you have the pictures? Can I mess with them? I think it's possible but you will run into a new set of problems.

sure... you want me to email them to you?

When shooting from a moving car, you will constantly change you viewpoint. Unless the motif is extremely far away I don't think this will work very well. But I guess there is only one simple way to find out...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back