Have to Login every time - what's happening?

WesternGuy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A couple of days ago, TPF started requiring that I log in every time I came here. I checked off the "Remember me" box, but it seems to have a short memory, because the next time I come to the Forum, it doesn't remember me. :eek-73:

Is there a problem, or am I doing something wrong. Please let me know as this is very frustrating and is the only forum that seems to be requiring this login on every visit. :BangHead:

WesternGuy

Have you changed how your cookies are saving for your browser? The forum requires your cookies saved and kept to remember your log-in.

If "cookies" not being saved is the problem, then why is this the only Forum where I have this problem?

Assuming it is the problem, then how do I set up to have my "cookies" saved in Firefox, because I don't seem to be able to find anything on any of the Toolbar items that refers to "cookies"?

WesternGuy

Silly question, but are you clicking "Stay logged in" when logging in? Ever since the forum was "upgraded" a day or so ago, I noticed that I had to re-login and I forgot to check the button several times.

Last edited:
stay logged in.jpg

Every time! I made note of this in my initial posting.

WesternGuy

I'm having that problem too sometimes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

does this happen on other browsers ?

If "cookies" not being saved is the problem, then why is this the only Forum where I have this problem?

Assuming it is the problem, then how do I set up to have my "cookies" saved in Firefox, because I don't seem to be able to find anything on any of the Toolbar items that refers to "cookies"?

WesternGuy
In Firefox go to preferences (under Firefox in the menu bar) then Privacy and then History, and see what is set.

WesternGuy
In Firefox go to preferences (under Firefox in the menu bar) then Privacy and then History, and see what is set.
I am afraid you have me here - I do not seem to have a menu bar that has "Firefox" on it. Maybe I need to open something, or click on something else?

The only thing I have is a Tool bar at the very top of the FF display that shows

File Edit View History Bookmarks Tools Help

WesternGuy

Try clear the cache, histories, and cookies. Relog-in twice and see what happens.
You have to remember that I am a new user for Firefox and while I knew how to do this stuff for IE, I am afraid I haven't figured this out yet for FF, except for the "History". Do I clear all the History? Maybe CCleaner would do all of this?

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back