Hawaii Luau

Kristen6877

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kristenmartin.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these a few weeks ago at a Luau on Oahu, Hawaii. It was at the Paradise Cove. Let me know what you would have done different or what you think I can do to make some of these better...
Mahalo, Kristen
1)
Luau018Small.jpg

2)
Luau205bSmall.jpg

3)
Luau184Small.jpg

4)
Luau046Small.jpg

5)
Luau138bSmall.jpg

Please read the forum rules and limit your post to a max of three images. This is forum is for specific critiques on a finished image.

General Critical Analysis Guidelines
General Critical Analysis References

Edit by Chase: Kristen, I'm moving these to the general gallery for people to enjoy and give you general feedback on. If you want specific critique on a particular photo, please refer to the guidelines for critique that are linked above. Thanks, Chase.

very nice photographs;

#1 : wish the people behind the parrot werent there...

#2 : pretty ok

#3 : nice, but I would have cropped the large white platform on the foreground out of the frame.

#4 : oh dear.. flash; but excellent details on the costumes, good expressions.

#5 : seems it lost some focus; was the light too low ? the arms are well composed.

keep shooting ! :D

Do you want us to be all honest, Kristen?
For spoken in all honesty, these only "live" by their exotic-to-most subjects, but not by their photographical merits. Sorry to be so blunt, but they are just some straightforward snaps of a tourist event, or so it seems.

Of course, what is happening is interesting, colourful, nothing our eyes would see everyday (not where I live, that is!!!), but the way you took the photos is so --- normal. So "see-point-shoot". I really hate to be so open, but ... since you are not getting any replies, I guess it is because many thing "Hmmm-hmmmm, what CAN I say?"

Seems like I like the parrot best.

OK, Photo 3 is nice because of the repetition given by the position of the dancers, only the far left and far right sides are a tad distracting, and I am not sure it is tack sharp when enlarged (?), and Photo 2 is an interesting subject. Well, they all are an interesting subject, like I was saying at the beginning...

Boooo.....you are making me miss it too bad. We went to Hawaii for our Honeymoon a little over 5 years ago and ironically, we went to the Paradise Cove Luau. I miss it horribly bad and wasn't into photography then so I don't have very many good pics of the trip.

These are very nice. I know how dark it is during this which would make it very difficult to shoot. You did a very good job at capturing it all.

I think the best possible solution would be to take me with you, next visit there, eh?

Listen to LaFoto, click on her username and navigate to find her posts, especially if she's started any threads. Study her composition and use of light. You won't go wrong.

You were at a distinct disadvantage from where you were shooting the luau. It forced you to be aiming dead on, rather than be able to be moving about, looking for the nuances in framing and light.

Do lots of shooting, do lots of studying. Everyone starts somewhere.

Thread is six years old... SPAMMER reported!

Last edited:
I got trolled. lol

I read first reply and was like "what?...since when can we only post 3 pics" then I saw the date.

lol. loser

Most reactions

New Topics

Back