Hawk

yip812

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My dad says it's a red tail, and assures me they are not the easiest bird to photograph.

He's just slightly out of focus, he was pretty far away and wouldn't let me come closer.

redtail.jpg

They are not that hard to photograph. He let me get about 10 feet away.

_6282143.jpg

Uh, thanks...

Mine might not have been the best photo, but yours just made it look like crap. Thanks for that

OOPS, sorry. Did not mean anything by it. I really got lucky as I kept creeping toward him thinking he would fly away but he did not. My best wildlife capture to date.

Sorry. It was wrong of me to post it.

Its actually a rough legged hawk, they are very closely related though. The red tail is the Buteo jamaicensis and the rough legged is Buteo lagopus. neat capture

Wait, mine is not a red tail? You mean my dad was wrong? Gonna have to give him a hard time about that, he hates being wrong.

Sorry Bikefreax, I was just being overly sensitive. You weren't wrong, just pointing out a fact.

Thing is, I took it with a digital point and shoot (maybe it's called a super zoom). It has a 12x optical zoom and I had to use the digital zoom as well. I wasn't sure what I was going to end up with. I was pleasantly surprised by the results.

Last edited:
Fun with Photoshop. Sky's a little off, but the bird has color now
redtail2.jpg

Most reactions

Back