HDR as an art and not an enhancement

Sorry im trying to post from an iphone. its a pain:grumpy:

K, what i want to know is how you did HDR handheld, or did you generate the different exposures from one image?

I think its a fantastic shot! I like the fact that it is so vibrant and outlandish!

Actually, if you are shooting Raw and the historgram is between the extremes all the data required to do HDR is there.....it pretty much is HDR... There is no difference here than if you took the same picture 3 times with different settings to raise and lower the exposure values. I have done this both ways and I can't tell a difference... So long as the original exposure is spot on.

Yes, I think HDR can be both a true representation (if that actually exists) and an over the top form of photographic art. Where would Piccaso have been if all his paintings were true to life?

Yes, each has it's place and each can work for a given vision.... I say go with it if that is the style you like. I like both ideas for different reasons. Nothing wrong with that.

Cool image by the way.

I like it. The building looks like one of those big lollipops, I want to eat it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back