HDR attempt help!

cosmoepic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so trying this whole HDR thing and took this
hdrattempt.jpg

opinions? it was only 3 exposures what kind of like would i achieve using more?

The key is to have a subject that contains some decent dynamic range to start with, then the bracketing, then the tone mapping... find something with more contrast, like some engine parts lit brightly in black oil.

-Shea

That does not look like HDR at all. An HDR photo should not have a flare like you have on the left door or darkness like you have in the footwell.

The whole point of the HDR is that it corrects the lighting intensities by taking 3+ pictures at different exposures and combining them.

What did you use for HDR developing? You may need a more extreme bracket like +2.

An HDR photo should not have a flare like you have on the left door or darkness like you have in the footwell.

Absolutely incorrect. An HDR photograph is STILL limited by the cameras ability to capture dynamic range. A light flare is certainly beyond the cameras ability to "stop down" and resolve into a range we can see. I am fairly certain that is NOT what is the case here, but you have some salty information if you believe the above. Even in a scene this simple, you can have some light and dark areas that we just can't get to.

The key is to have a subject that contains some decent dynamic range to start with,
Most any scene has a dynamic range that the camera can not resolve on its own. Just because you don't have the sun doesn't mean you dont have a scene ripe for the HDR treatment.

The key is to keep HDR looking natural. The photo doesn't look like HDR so I guess it's a good starting point. And I'm not sure if you need to use HDR in that specific setting.

A light flare is certainly beyond the cameras ability to "stop down" and resolve into a range we can see.

Says who? You? I've been taking HDR photographs for about 4 months now and have been able to almost eliminate all light flares and most dark spots by changing bracketing exposure with my cheap rebel 400d. Especially in a minimal light situation like the OP's picture.

The original looks like an ordinary photograph. I can't see anything HDR about it. But maybe I'm just "salty", haha.

If you can't "get to" the correct exposure, than you need to read a book on photography.

Says who? You? I've been taking HDR photographs for about 4 months now and have been able to almost eliminate all light flares and most dark spots by changing bracketing exposure with my cheap rebel 400d. Especially in a minimal light situation like the OP's picture.

The original looks like an ordinary photograph. I can't see anything HDR about it. But maybe I'm just "salty", haha.

If you can't "get to" the correct exposure, than you need to read a book on photography.
Maybe you could post an example of this for the rest of new guys to see what your talking about. Make sure you include your source images too.

Says who? You?

And science.

I've been taking HDR photographs for about 4 months now

And I've been sober for 6.

]quote] and have been able to almost eliminate all light flares and most dark spots by changing bracketing exposure with my cheap rebel 400d.[/quote]

Post an example. And we will determine whether or not this was a light source that did or did not fall out of your cameras ability to "stop down".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back