HDR of Houston skyline - single shot HDR

DiskoJoe

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was reading a thread about single shot HDR and thought I would post a couple of mine for discussion.

original was shot in manual: f8, 25 second, ISO 100.

Then edited in photoshop raw converter. Crossprocess filter added after initial edit.

Disko/Broadfoot by DiskoJoe, on Flickr

Same scene. HDR made with photomatix tonemapping. Additional editing done with photoshop CS4. Nose reduction done wth neat image.

View to the West by DiskoJoe, on Flickr

Sensor dust!!!!

I like the second one better :)

Do you mind if I circle it and post the picture?

4vh7xe.jpg

okay. ill have to check my sensor but it looked pretty clean last time I looked at it. Of course my a200 is getting kind of old and I do put it through hell. I think I caught most of those on the second edit.

Yeah I can't see any on the second :)

Yeah I can't see any on the second :)

Thank you photoshop healing tool!

Plus they actually popped out more on the photomatix tonemapping. That was when I noticed them. I thought maybe it was just due to the hdr tonemapping process. Photomatix sometimes pops up weird junk when you push it hard enough.

Im not sure what Im impressed with more....what you shot, or where you shot it from....or how you processed what you shot. All great to me. Between the two I prefer your second version with the rays visible in the sky.

I looked at the first and I really liked it. Then I scrolled down and was positively surprised. Second one for me as well! The rays are more visible, the sky is a beautiful and purplish. Great shot, I wish I had cities to shoot!

Im not sure what Im impressed with more....what you shot, or where you shot it from....or how you processed what you shot. All great to me. Between the two I prefer your second version with the rays visible in the sky.

This was hot from a friends condo. My pictures do not do the view justice. Glad you like the processing.

This was hot from a friends condo. My pictures do not do the view justice. Glad you like the processing.

Version 2: 4, version 1: 0

Also, no city to photograph? Time to move!

Most reactions

Back