HDR Questions...

deadtoaster2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everybody. I have a 2 part question, first... are these HDR images... and if they aren't, then how do they obtain all of the detail without having blown out areas?

4216738369gw5.jpg

4216791754zh7.jpg

Second part- Why do my attempts look way too blown out? And does anybody know what that halo looking thing around the house is? They didnt show up on the individual images but once i put them into photomatix it showed up. :confused:
The initial exposures ranged from barely visible to pretty bright.

Unfortunately I do not have the individual images i took to make the HDR image but i will retry it later once i get a few pointers.

dsc0022and7more2nn9.jpg

Thanks

1. They look like standard evening shots to me...about 45 minutes to an hour after sunset.

2. Blow out, etc. - You are going into the "tone mapper", and not just trying to display/save the HDR image correct? What settings are you using in the tone mapper?

Yep those are normal images. It's very hard to take photos like this consistently. The lighting changes dramatically and in a period of 10 minutes you may completely loose the window of opportunity to take photos like the ones above.

Also that ring is most probably a lens flare from the pool light. I have seen flare cause rings before in a certain sigma lens.

Were you using more than one image?

You do need to have one overexposed (most likely will have some parts that may be blown out) and one underexposed, and one just about right. Then play in photomatix and have fun.

You can also create the over and underexposed in something like photoshop or paintshop then combine in photomatix - hasn't seemed to work quite the same, but pretty close.

Most reactions

Back