HDR Snapshots

Freddie0288

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, im new here and to the photography scene..
I have a Nikon D40..and always wanted to know hoW the HDR works..does the D40 have it??..I wanted to take some pics with the effect.. i usually shot different types of scenery and cars because Im a real car freak..haha

Heres a random pic I found on Flickr.

1567575837_98beb6c2df_o1.jpg

Thanks!
-Freddy

FYI when posting a picture that isn't yours, use a link rather than embedding the image.

HDR is a postprocessing technique that means you combine 2 or more differently exposed images to get the details in both the shadows and the highlights simulataneously. As far as I'm aware only a select few newer cameras have the ability ot do this 'in camera'. To do it, you're best to google yourself a proper instructional guide, but basically use a tripod, take at least 3 images of the same scene exposed for the shadows, mids and highlightsm then use photoshop or photomatix to make an HDR image.

FYI when posting a picture that isn't yours, use a link rather than embedding the image.

HDR is a postprocessing technique that means you combine 2 or more differently exposed images to get the details in both the shadows and the highlights simulataneously. As far as I'm aware only a select few newer cameras have the ability ot do this 'in camera'. To do it, you're best to google yourself a proper instructional guide, but basically use a tripod, take at least 3 images of the same scene exposed for the shadows, mids and highlightsm then use photoshop or photomatix to make an HDR image.

OK & Thanks for the info.

Also images should be resized to no longer than 800 pixels on the long side.

I'm surprised you haven't taken the image down since you acknowledged fokkers info. It's a violation of the forums rules to post images you don't own: The Photo Forum - Photography Discussion Forum - FAQ

* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated.

Maybe somebody show post a "how to edit a post" tutorial.

Do some of you simply look at the picture and then comment? Read the entire post.

It's not his picture as he stated, and he's asking HOW do do such a picture.

To the OP, first off get that photo down.

You CAN bracket a shot with the D40 but you need to manually change the exposure between all 3-5 shots, a tripod is a MUST and use the timer function to eliminate shake from your finger depressing the button. You'll also need some software like Photomatix to merge the images and tone map them. It can be done with Photoshop but most agree that it's not a very good way to do it and the results aren't as good as with a dedicated HDR program.

Do some of you simply look at the picture and then comment? Read the entire post.

It's not his picture as he stated, and he's asking HOW do do such a picture.

To the OP, first off get that photo down.

You CAN bracket a shot with the D40 but you need to manually change the exposure between all 3-5 shots, a tripod is a MUST and use the timer function to eliminate shake from your finger depressing the button. You'll also need some software like Photomatix to merge the images and tone map them. It can be done with Photoshop but most agree that it's not a very good way to do it and the results aren't as good as with a dedicated HDR program.

lol i was like what are they talking about "it looks nice", also, if its an action shot, and you have lightroom + photomatix, import said photo into lightroom

right click duplicate x2
changed exposure 1 stop down, and one stop up, other one should be normal
highlight three pics, export onto desktop
open up photomatix, make hdr
find 3 photos
merge, go to light control or something, adjust..
export
save as
open up in lightroom

btw, i love this forum and all, but are there like 2 admins on here? its ridiculous, i see spammers constantly and **** like this OP post. idk

You definetely need to either put a link up to the picture or give credit for who shot the picture. Because whomever's it is, its a great picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back