Thump-thump.

1. J.S., student
cutting.jpg

heart1sm.jpg

heart5sm.jpg

heart6sm.jpg

5. J.S. cutting lungs from esophagus
lungs.jpg

6. A.G. eating heart (he totally surprised me when he started biting into it, as his teacher I should have stopped him, but the damage was done and my finger just wouldn't stop clicking)
eat_sm.jpg

I like a bit of heart and blood, but maybe not everybody. This is probably not the right category for this fun series and a warning in the title would be a good idea.

but it looks like you had fun!

pascal

So where did the hearts come from? are they human? why were they doing this....Great images though just so curious now

with out a doubt an interesting set of pictures... i too am wondering though about what the heart was and why they were doing this

The first few are really interesting to look at. Didn't think the aorta was sooo wide! But him biting into that raw heart ... is a "tad" gross, I should say... Ugh. :pale:

So what class was it?
I know my son had to dissect a pig's heart in school (biology) several years ago.

The first few are really interesting to look at. Didn't think the aorta was sooo wide! But him biting into that raw heart ... is a "tad" gross, I should say... Ugh. :pale:

So what class was it?
I know my son had to dissect a pig's heart in school (biology) several years ago.

I teach Visual Communications at a Vocational technical school - juniors. I thought it would be interesting to have the kids do some studio stuff with a very different kind of subject. The last shot, he totally surprised me when he started ripping into the heart. I can shove my thumb into the aorta with much room to spare. My friend is in the medical field and gets pigs parts for our nursing program to dissect. I make sure I get the leftovers. The lungs are very spongy and soft, but the heart is a very firm muscle.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back