Hello, again.

JamesD

Between darkrooms
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not really new here, but I've been absent for a number of years, so I figured I'd say hello again, as the course of events appears to be bringing me back into photography.

I live in interior Alaska where it's currently cold. I have special interests in wilderness, wildlife, and night-sky photography, as well as a predisposition to dabbling in the dark(room) arts and the arcana of alternative photographic processes. When I'm not working with metol and hydroquinone potions and elixers of thiosulfate, I mostly cuss about how quickly DSLR batteries drain at twenty below zero (even with the camera switched off) while trying to minimize the amount of time my fingers are exposed for replacing them. I am also a shameless proponent of Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day, which is coming up in just three months and nineteen days!

Beware: I own an Argoflex E and I'm not afraid to use it.

I guess that's it about me, really.

Last edited:
Terrific to see you posting again, James! :1219:

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your latest. Alaska has to be one of the grandest places to shoot.

Thanks, Terri!

You know, it's a weird thing. Alaska used to seem so exotic. Then I moved here and it because the mundane place that I live. Strange how that works, isn't it? :D

Agreed - we get to used to our personal sight pictures, however gorgeous they are. Still, Alaska... :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back