Hello All - New Member C&C

tru_texan36

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been wanting to get some honest opinions on some shots. Please let me know what you think, thanks!

DSC_1413.jpg

DSC_1572.jpg

DSC_1280.jpg

EDIT- I cant figure out how to get pictures on here, any help?

2nd EDIT- Thank you ifi!!

Last edited:
1. Colors don't pop enough in my opinion. The out of focus leaf on the left is distracting, I would crop that out if possible. Otherwise I like it.

2. Colors don't pop, same as #1. Tighter crop would help, background is distracting.

3. It's neat, would have been better if the bird was more defined against the sky.

Good shots for a beginner overall though, #1 is by far the best.

Thank you for the critique Adversus, when shooting how can I make the colors more vibrant? All of the photos are straight off the camera, no editing what so ever. Also the third shot was 1 out of about 25 that looked halfway how I wanted it. Those seagulls are pretty fast LOL. Thanks again!

Welcome to TPF!

1) i like the colors...just need to work on the focus here
2) rule of thirds. no middle
3) blends in the background a bit..if the bird was down a bit it wud of given the bird more of a POP look

The exposure to me seems a bit underexposed (or may just be the monitor I'm on right now). That's probably just a personal preference to me though, if nobody else thinks so.

If you shoot in RAW you have a lot of options in post to adjust things like exposure, white balance, etc. You didn't mention which (I'll assume, since you are new, you are shooting straight JPEG).

If you aren't sure, check your camera settings. Most of us here shoot RAW or RAW+JPEG, but RAW is really all you need as all major software vendors (Adobe, Apple, etc.) support RAW.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back