Hello :D

Valvaren

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello my name is Dee, I'm fairly new at photography, in the sense that I've been taking pictures for awhile but have never really been 'serious' about it, as in I just took pictures on trips and outside but never had my own camera or a nice camera to really get into it.

Recently (this past summer) I decided to actually put money into a new and better camera, alas not a DSLR since I only had enough for a 600 dollar camera and not lens so I got the Nikon Coolpix P500, which I love and hate for different reasons. I don't really understand anything about cameras and I'm sort of stuck since I try to learn but get overwhelmed easily and hope I will learn more here piece by piece.

That stated I hope to be getting a DSLR in the coming months (January hopefully) not sure what yet, want to learn first before putting my money anywhere.

As for what I love, I love talking pictures of my pets, wild animals, nature in general, but things like street photography (not sure if that is the actual term) interest me as well. I love macro but its something my camera isn't the best at, not sure if its a fault on my part and not knowing more about the camera seeing as in the past I just had to pop on the macro button, or that my camera isn't built well for macro. I recently bought a light box, hoping to improve my macro capabilities but it hasn't seemed to work.

I don't have much in my 'portfolio' for two reasons, I don't really get out much, due to other issues, and that I'm very critical of my pictures and as much as I love doing it I get off put very easily and it makes it harder to want to do it. Not sure if that will make sense as usually when you love to do something you love to do it.

Oh also, I don't edit, its not that I can't or haven't learned it just something I don't like doing, which I guess is part of the reason I have my love/hate relationship with it. Not sure if there is anyone else out there who doesn't edit but I would love to see your pictures if you do.

On that note its not that I have anything against editing its just I personally don't feel right doing it but to each there own.

Anyway I'll end this before I write a book, I'm very glad to be here and hope to improve my skills and meet lots of people while doing it :D.

Thank you for the welcome, question though, Do you guys mainly upload through attachment or can I use photobucket to link. Previous forum I was on used attachment where as all my photos are already on photobucket and are huge so I had to resize them to attach them.

Actually, we don't allow attachments at all. So you'll have to use a hosting gallery and then link from there ( tags).

You can also upload photos to your own gallery, right here on the site, and then link from there. But if you already have them on Photobucket, just use that.

Check this out...[url]http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/welcomes-introductions/260833-how-post-pictures-use-forum-functions-pictoral-guide-using-tpf.html[/url]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back