Hello everyone

txmxikn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,
I've been doing a little reading on your forums for the last few days and decided to join a couple of days ago. It seems like a really fun place to learn about photography in general. One of the main reasons I joined is because I want to buy my wife a digital SLR. Last year she started working for a company that does mostly school pictures. They also have a small studio but their focus is yearbook, school and senior pics. She's really enjoys it and would like her own camera and I hope to surprise her soon. She use a Fuji S5 Pro at work and I was thinking about buying her the same camera so she would already be familiar with it but I haven't notice anyone that owns a Fuji on this forum or other sites. Nikon and Canon seem to be the prevelant choice. I guess what I need to figure out now is which camera should I get for her. I also want to get her a lens but I'm even less sure about which lens than I am a camera. Guess I have a lot of researching to do and I'm hoping I can get some help here.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum, and if your wife is into photography, get her on here too.

Some advice on surprising the spouse with a new camera....don't. Surprise her with the fact that you would like to get her one, and then both of you do your research on what she would like. Take her to some local camera shops and get her a little hands-on time with the cameras to see what she likes.
My wife & I will surprise each other with little gifts, which shows we pay attention to what each other likes, but the big ticket items are better off gotten together so there is no dissapointment later.

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

Back