Hello! Newbie Alert!

Sounds like you're getting some good info. Just a thought. Just get a standard zoom lense (whatever comes with the body for the best deal) and look at the Canon 500D...it's basically a screw-on filter that magnifies the shot. I use that with my zoom lense for macro/closeups, seems to work well. You can find it online for maybe a little over $100. It changes your max/min focusing distance so you can get closer and gives some magnification. Just a thought....That way you don't dump money into a macro lens if you end up needing another lens for larger shots.

Again, thanks!

That screw-on lens thing sounds kinda kool... might work perfectly. I'll just use the standard 18-55 lens that comes in the package deal tho, and see where I end up.

Software - I have an old version of Photoshop (6 I believe), and I've got this spankin' new Corel X3, with Photo Paint, and some other goodies.

Been switching back and forth between the two, depending on what I'm trying to do.

By the way, I'm looking at another site selling the same camera package, but the lens doesn't look quite the same. Could anyone clarify the difference between these two....

1) 18-55mm EF-S Lens

2) 18-55Z

Whats the deal?

I'm new here too.

Sounds like you've got the hardware question narrowed down, and I concur.

Don't know what other site you're looking at, but it may be an off brand lens. Just be careful and make sure you're getting what you're paying for.

Now to address a couple of other issues you raised originally:

1. Learn to use that tent. It'll be your best friend when shooting small items. Also get a decent tripod to use while using the tent.
2. Software? I'd go with the newest Photoshop Elements 6. and when you get there you're welcome to hit my teaching site for a basic tutorial on using it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back