Help! Best wide angle phone lens?

kaybee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone. I'm looking for a wide angle lens for my boyfriend's phone. He has an LG G4. He's a photographer and I'm looking for something to get him for his birthday. Is this even a good birthday present? Something that photographers enjoy? Anyway, I've been looking at a few. The first one that came up when I googled was Photojojo. They looked pretty decent, but then again I don't know much about photography. I also went to Amazon and tried to search some things there and I mainly tried to look at ones that had better reviews. Just some questions:

Would you recommend one that is a clip-on? Or a magnetic one that just sticks onto the phone camera itself?

I've also looked at the customer images on some of the Amazon reviews and the wide angle pictures tend to look blurry/not in focus. Is that because of the lens? Or the customer couldn't focus it?

What does it mean when it says "0.67x wide angle"?

Thanks!

p.s. If you could post links to some that you like I'd really appreciate it!

Last edited:
Does he use any other cameras?
Usually these types of lens-add-ons just frustrate photographers.
It would have to be given a "fun" gift and not a serious gift.

He's a photographer and I'm looking for something to get him for his birthday.
The prospect of buying photographic gear for a photographer is daunting at best, and futile in the long run. Most of us who have been involved with photography for a while would prefer to make our own decisions about purchasing gear.

So unless he has spoken to you about wanting that particular item, and he has put on his wish list, I would recommend something else.

Something completely else, like for fishing, for instance.

Or a gift card.

Or a book.

Does he use any other cameras?
Usually these types of lens-add-ons just frustrate photographers.
It would have to be given a "fun" gift and not a serious gift.

Yes, he uses other cameras, not just his phone. I'm not sure exactly what camera he has, but he's got a Canon. He also has a few lenses for his canon. I was thinking of it more as a fun gift.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back