1. (you can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner)

As part of our new initiative on TPF you can come and take part in a series of new in-depth articles and discussions every month. Featured this month are the methods that one of our top avian photographers, Kristofer Rowe uses to get his stunning photos (as also featured on Tamron USA website as well!). So drop in and take part, I know that Kristofer will be happy to answer your questions and hear what you do out in the field with your camera!

Capturing Distinctive Bird Images

Help for travel kit!!

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by jessyd, Apr 3, 2012.

1. jessyd

jessyd TPF Noob!

Hey guys

I'm planing to buy a d7000 really soon

And since i travel a lot i would like to make a travel kit with one or 2 lens...

I would like to have your advice to witch one to take!

Nikon 10-24 or tokina 11-16 for wide

Nikon 18-200 or nikon 28-300 for everything else

Witch would be the best kit?

I did read that the 28-300 is sharper then the 18-200 is the difference really big ?

Thank you in advance!!

2. sovietdoc

sovietdoc TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    What are you photographing? I think you'll be doing landscapes, otherwise you wouldn't go for UWA lens like 11-16.

Anyways, 28-300 has better IQ than 18-300 and I would recommend 18-300 for a 1,6 crop body except you're buying yourself a dedicated UWA lens.

So I think you should get Nikon 10-24 and 28-300 becaue theyre higher IQ than the rest. I don't think it's a big deal that you don't have coverage from 25 to 27 mm but the gap is so small I don't think it matters.