help me find a good camera

prowler09

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, I've been taking pics for a good while now, but the thing is, I have never owned a my own digital camera :scratch: I'm always using someone elses. I think it is finally time to get my own lol. The problem is, I dont know really what to get. Now if I had the money, I pretty much know what slr I would be getting, but I am just looking for a really nice point and shoot in the range of about $250-300. I am basing my price range around the prices at Circuit City, because that is where I work, but that doesn't mean I have to buy from there. I am really leaning to the Canon Powershot SD cams. I like the 750 and 1000, but I havn't seemed to look at too much any further than that.
My question to you guys is...What would you get? I am trying to find something that is going to take the best pics, etc, in my price range.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I would get a Canon S3 IS since you can now find them in the $300 range. Recently, I bought a Canon A710 IS, it is a good camera.

If you get a discount, I would recommend the Nikon P5000 or the Canon Powershot G7. You can get those in the mid $300 price range. Otherwise the Canon S3 is probably a good choice.

well, this is how im looking at it now...if i can get a decent discount, i will get the S3, i know one of my friends has the S2 and I really like it..

..but if not, it is between either the Cannon Powershot SD1000 or the Sony Cybershot DSC-W80. which one of the two do you guys think is better

Most reactions

Back